work at Studio Manhattan
Our goal is to help our customer express their artistic selves and connect with each other world wide.
We do this by creating diverse retail environments and fusing art, music, urban and industrial designs. At Studio Manhattan, every team member is equally important and speak to our corporate brand. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, Studio Manhattan offers many opportunities.
TITLE: STORE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT
The Studio Manhattan Store Manager develops and enforces a sales culture by developing a strategic plan to create a store environment that provides a superior sales and customer experience; executes visual merchandising direction; and recruits, develops and retains a strong selling team.
* Requires excellent leadership skills, a high level of integrity and enthusiasm to motivate sales associates
* Possess strong drive, ambition, and passion for selling and for the overall store business success.
* Communicate professionally and in a timely manner with customers, associates and corporate partners.
* Leads by example and maintains consistent selling and service standards through communication, training and individual accountability.
* Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
* Must be outgoing and assertive with the ability to make decisions independently.
* Strong selling experience required and demonstrated ability to meet or exceeds performance standards.
* Requires a minimum of 3 years of management experience. Specialty retailing experience preferred.
* Work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business including opening/closing shifts as well as weekends, holidays and nights.
* Requires ability to move about in a store including climbing ladders and the ability to lift up to 20-25 pounds.
* Ability to navigate computer systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
* Ability to manage a staff up to 15 associates.
TITLE: SALES ASSOCIATES
REPORTS TO: STORE MANAGER
Support store management team to achieve a store environment that fosters creativity employee development and the Studio Manhattan philosophy.
* An understanding of the Studio Manhattan culture and its appeal to the local market
* Strong teamwork and communication skills
* Cash register and wireless terminal understanding
* Deliver a positive, friendly experience by engaging the customer through conversation and service
* Enhance the atmosphere and sales during prime time selling hours
* Contribute to the overall atmosphere in the store by being positive, respectful and helpful to others
TEAMWORK AND COMMUNICATION:
* Work productively within the team and takes the initiative to work with others toward a common, collaborative goal
* Assist in the training and development of peers
* Possess effective and positive communication skills in both written and verbal forms (i.e. Communication Logs and peer interaction).
* Actively participate in department and daily meetings
* Demonstrate proficiency in job knowledge (i.e. register controls, shipment tasks, and fitting room guidelines)
* Participate in the processing of new shipment and help the team to keep the receiving and back stock areas clean and organized
* Assist in the timely and accurate completion of weekly tasks (i.e. markdowns, re-tickets, and RTVs)
* Adhere to Company policies and procedures
* Exhibit strong Loss Prevention awareness and comply with all inventory control measures
MERCHANDISING AND DISPLAY:
* Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards
* Ensure that merchandise is ticketed and the sales floor is stocked
* Support sales by assisting in merchandising and display projects
* Exhibit a familiarity with current product and trend awareness
TITLE: PR/SOCIAL MEDIA GURU
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
To increase Studio Manhattan's brand recognition through various social media and other PR outlets.
* Candidate must have experience in SEO/SEM/Adwords, Blogging, Banners, Social Media marketing, Ad management, Web analytics, Email marketing, and all online marketing tools.
* Familiarity with Volusion and Wordpress a plus
* Light graphics for advertising a good skill.
* HTML and HTML 5 knowledge for web maintenance as related to marketing.
* Google certified a plus.
* Must be detailed, organized, a planner a strategist, and a good communicator and writer.
* Must meet timelines and deadlines.
* We require a dedicated professional who enjoys working with a team and possesses strong creative instincts and the ability to “think outside of the box."
* Increases visibility, community engagement, and overall patronage through effective, strategic and consistent social networking efforts.
* Executes all online promotions in the form of advertising and viral marketing.
* Creates and maintains tracking and monitoring methods and measurement tools for all online and social networking activities. Regularly reports metrics and related web analytics.
* Coordinates all e-mail marketing efforts for retail and wholesale operations. Updates and maintains all e-mail databases, monthly e-newsletters, etc.
* Coordinates and/or creates regular social media content to all applicable social media outlets. Cultivates new communities and manages branded online communities using Facebook, Blog, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and other emerging social media outlets.
* Monitors trends and the latest applications in e-marketing, interactive and social media and appropriately applies that knowledge at the district.
* Assumes responsibility for ensuring that representation of Studio Manhattan’s brand is consistent and present throughout all online mediums (website, online advertisements, e-marketing campaigns and social networking channels.
* Manages online sales through our Website, Facebook Social Store, Amazon, ebay, and Etsy
* Manages website SEO and content to gain top rankings on all search engines.
* Performs other work duties as assigned.